These chips make great snacks for kids and adults, but be wary, they’re really only good right after they’re made. The crisping magic fades when you seal up the leftovers. You should be fine if you don’t have parchment, but I think the parchment does help them achieve a more even crisp.
Crispy Kale Chips
1 bunch kale
2 TBS nutritional yeast
1/2 TBS apple cider vinegar
1 TBS olive oil
sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Wash kale and remove stems, tearing leaves into rough 2-inch pieces.
- Mix vinegar and oil in large mixing bowl. Add kale to bowl and massage dressing into kale pieces with your hands.
- Add the nutritional yeast and salt in two batches, tossing through the massaged kale until its evenly coated.
- Drop Kale pieces onto a baking sheet in a single, sparse layer and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the pieces have gone from glossy and bright green to dark, matte green and just begin to brown around the edges.