All you need for spot-on-gazpacho is some tomato, a cucumber, red onion, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar. Any tomatoes will do, but an amazing gazpacho starts with amazing tomatoes. This is a great recipe for your precious sun-golds, or even those heirlooms we picked up this week. Just remember to blanch and peel the larger tomatoes!
1 pint cherry/sun gold tomatoes OR
28 oz. can peeled, diced tomatoes
1/2 red onion
1 clove garlic
1/4 (or less) cup red wine vinegar
1/4 (or less) cup olive oil
1 cucumber, peeled seeded and diced
salt and pepper to taste
greek yogurt, sour cream, or cottage cheese for serving
- Chop garlic and onion in a food processor until minced.
- Add tomatoes to the food processor and puree.
- Slowly add vinegar in a steady stream while pureeing.
- Add olive oil in a steady stream while pureeing.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1/4 cup cucumber each in serving bowls.
- Top with about a cup of gazpacho.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Optional: I like a dollop of sour cream, plain greek yogurt, or cottage cheese (shown) on top for a creamy contrast.