Tomato & Peach Chutney
1 1/2 cups sweet onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small hot pepper, seeds removed, minced
3 cups cherry or sun gold tomatoes
1 1/2 cups peaches, chopped
3 TBS cider vinegar
2 TBS brown sugar
1 tsp sea salt
- Cook onion, garlic, hot pepper, and 1/3 cups water in a large skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, cooking 5-7 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to pop. Mash the tomatoes with the back of the spoon or another implement of destruction (a potato masher or the bottom of a heavy cup measure works well here).
- Add peaches, vinegar, brown Sugar, sea salt, and another 1/3 cups water and bring to just boiling.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and reduce the heat to simmering.
- Simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Store, refrigerated in an airtight container for 5 days.