Make sure to check out the recipe for the Green CSA Flavor Bombs - they add a lovely herb-infused finish to the final product!
1 small yellow onion, sliced
1 summer squash, sliced and quartered
1 handful green beans, ends trimmed and chopped in thirds
1 clove garlic, diced
1 egg, lightly scrambled
2 cups leftover steamed rice
3 TBS soy sauce
2 Green CSA Flavor Bombs (optional)
4 TBS safflower or other high-heat oil, separated
sriracha and soy sauce for serving
- Prepare your egg in advance. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium. Once hot, add 1/2 TBS cooking oil. Add scrambled egg and let it spread out to fill as much surface of the pan as possible. Cook until top has set and is no longer glossy. Remove to a cutting board and slice into thin strips. Set aside.
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed skillet or wok over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add remaining cooking oil followed by onions, squash, and beans. Stir often, letting the onions brown and the beans blister somewhat.
- Once the onions and squash have some color, add leftover rice and let cook for a minute or two without disturbing (to let the rice crisp). Stir to combine, making sure to scrape up the stuck-on rice bits.
- Add flavor bombs (if using), and soy sauce, stirring to incorporate the frozen cubes. Once melted, add the reserved egg.
- Serve immediately with sriracha and extra soy sauce.