ASSISTANT FARM & WILDERNESS CAMP DIRECTOR
WHO YOU ARE:
You are super excited to work with children and to teach farm and wilderness education on a nature preserve in Denton, TX! You have prior experience teaching children in a variety of settings, and are actively pursuing a track as an educator. You have worked with children outdoors. You are organized, dependable, and flexible. You won’t mind coming into contact with dirt, manure, and critters. You are certified in CPR and First Aid. You have a strong interest in sustainable agriculture, land stewardship, and environmental preservation, and a passion for education. You will be comfortable managing the camp staff. Farm-based curriculum writing experience is not required; you’ll be trained on the job.
· Successful completion of a background check.
· Attend 2 day staff training prior to camp.
· Obtain CPR and First Aid certification prior to the first day of camp.
· Provide a safe, fun, learning environment.
· Assist camp director with oversight of staff and activities.
· Maintain rapport with students and counselors including disciplining or praising as necessary.
· Develop age-appropriate lessons following curricular guidelines using farm based, wilderness, and hands-on techniques.
· Lead groups of elementary age children through one-day, on-site activities including: chores, discussion, activities, hiking, snacks, lunch, and siesta.
· Share camp roles: monitor lunch and dismissal, maintain facilities, supervise check-in, etc…
· Be silly, sing songs, play games, get dirty, and support the atmosphere of camp.
· Attend brief staff meeting daily after camp.
Monday, August 4th
Tuesday, August 5th
$12.00/hr. This is a temporary, one week position.
Send resume and cover letter, and 2 references to email@example.com. Position open until filled.