FARM AND WILDERNESS CAMP COUNSELOR
WHO YOU ARE:
You are super excited to work with children and to teach farm and wilderness education on a nature preserve in Denton, TX! You have prior experience working with children and are actively pursuing a track as an educator. You are organized, dependable, and flexible. You won’t mind coming into contact with dirt, manure, and critters. You are certified in CPR and First Aid. Preferably, you have experience working with others in a physically active environment, and working with children outdoors. You have a strong interest in sustainable agriculture, land stewardship, and environmental preservation, and a passion for education. Farm-based curriculum writing experience is not required; you’ll be trained on the job.
· Successful completion of a background check.
· Attend 2 day staff training prior to camp.
· Obtain CPR and First Aid certification prior to the first day of camp.
· Provide a safe, fun, learning environment.
· Develop age-appropriate lessons following curricular guidelines using farm based, wilderness, and hands-on techniques.
· Lead groups of elementary age children through one-day, on-site activities including: chores, discussion, activities, hiking, snacks, lunch, and siesta.
· Share camp roles: monitor lunch and dismissal, maintain facilities, supervise check-in, etc…
· Be silly, sing songs, play games, get dirty, and support the atmosphere of camp.
· Attend brief staff meeting daily after camp.
Monday, August 4th
Tuesday, August 5th
$9.00/hr. This is a temporary, one week position.
Send resume and cover letter, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.